Take the guesswork out of cab fares with World Cab Meter now! Calculate taxi fares, and call taxi companies to book a cab right from the app and get all that you need to know about taxis in a city you are travelling to. A definitive guide to taxis worldwide.
Surprisingly accurate… this is a pretty great tool to have at the ready in your back pocket – Everything iCafe review
- Supports fare calculation for the following cities:
- United States – Chicago, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle
- UK – London, Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Sheffield
- Australia – Sydney, Regional NSW, Canberra, Melbourne, Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Gold coast
- Bangkok, Dubai, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong (support for red, blue and green taxis)
- All distance calculations are saved on device, so minimal data download is made
- Call a cab from a list of companies for the city
- Calculate distance between your locations in-app
- Provides complete break up of the estimate. This information itself can help you plan your trip better and travel cheaper in some cases.
- More information about travelling in taxis in the city you have selected.
- Takes into consideration the flag fall, late night surcharge, booking charge and environmental charge
- Uses minimal data, just for the distance calculation. Fare calculation, tips and cab company numbers are all available in-app
- Simple easy to use user interface
World Cab Meter is an incredibly easy to use cab / taxi fare calculator for those times when you are not sure how much that cab ride is about to cost you.
Just select your city, start location and destination (or the distance directly if you know it already and don’t want to use data), if it is late night and if you are booking over phone and get the fare right away. The app saves your last calculation, so you only enter minimal information.
Cab Meter uses the latest fare schedule for each state to calculate your fare.
Please remember that while a lot of effort has gone into calculating the most accurate fare, the calculations are still approximate.
Excess charges might apply depending on traffic, type of cab hired and other factors. Specifically, there are some charges that apply per minute when the cab is stuck in traffic. As a result actual fares might be higher than the calculated fare.